Pigeon Pack started over a year ago as a client project. They were having so much trouble with their current solution that we decided to just bite the bullet and build a better, more robust solution. They have been using it since then with great success. So we have decided to officially release this plugin to the world. We have a lot of ideas and plans for future features for this plugin. Right now, Pigeon Pack is pretty basic but at the same time, it offers many core features required for a successful email campaign manager.
Here are some of the core features that we think make Pigeon Pack a success:
- Single Email Campaigns
- WordPress Post Campaigns (single or digest)
- Email a specific role or create a list
- Easy to use shortcodes and widgets for users to sign up for your emails from your website
- Create custom fields for your lists
- Double Opt-in available for lists
- Easily extendable with filters and action hooks
Here are the some add-ons we would like to create for Pigeon Pack in the near future:
- Analytics – Learn more about what your subscribers are doing!
- Autoresponders (Events) – Send a series of messages to new subscribers.
- RSS Campaigns – Import the RSS feed from another site to send to your subscribers.
- Import Scripts – Import subscribers from other lists using CSV, MailChimp, Salesforce, Highrise, Constant Contact and more!
- Bounce Detector – Use the power of the Pigeon Pack servers to detect when a subscriber’s email is bounced to help reduce the chances of your server being flagged as SPAM.
- Responsive Email Template – No more plain-jane emails!
- Notifications – Receive notifications whenever someone subscribers or unsubscribers from your list.
- Amazon SES – Built-in functionality to work directly with the Amazon Simple Email Server service.
We really look forward to working with you all and building the Pigeon Pack community together. Be sure to checkout our GitHub page for submitting issues or contributing to core.